Households of eight or more or with three plus bathrooms will want to invest in a 75 gallon gas water heater. The extra capacity means less time waiting for hot water, a huge benefit in a bustling home. The energy efficiency of modern gas water heaters also means energy savings, so youll spend less on your monthly water bill.
If you experience the following, you may need to replace your gas water heater.
- Rusty water - a good test to see if your hot water heater needs to be replaced is to drain a few buckets-worth of water. If by the third bucket, the water is still rusty, you should replace the hot water heater.
- Pilot light goes out
- Noise - if your water heater makes banging noises when it heats up, it's time for a new one. The loud noises are usually caused by sediment buildup.
- Unreliable thermostat
- Water pooling around the base of the heater - cracks and fissures in the tank will cause it to leak.
- Sediment buildup - this can prevent water from heating up as efficiently as it should.
- Age - hot water heaters have a life expectancy of between 8-12 years. If your's is older than that, you may want to replace it.
If you need to replace your 75 Gallon Gas Water Heater, book a SERVIZ Plumber by calling (844) 473-7849.